Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Thinking of the Holidays

It was a dark and dreary day here in Northern Michigan. No sun...and quite cold, too.

When I feel this way, my thoughts drift to the holidays. The family all seated around the dinner table...always waiting for my dad. (He was never on time for anything!) The smells of a turkey FINALLY out of the oven. Cinnamon and nutmeg hanging heavy in the air. The thought that makes me feel warm and loved is remembering the sounds of wonderful conversation and explosive laughter.

As I head off to bed.....I will be comforted with these beautiful memories and plan the menu for Thanksgiving.
I Know....It's way early, but it will give me joy...and that's just what I need.

night night!
Cindi

1 comment:

  1. Yes it is getting cold, and the holiday season will be here before we know it. Never to early to plan and get ready.

    ReplyDelete