Friday, October 15, 2010

Serendipity

I love the journey being an entrepreneur has taken me. I have been able to let my creativity flow in every direction...when and where I like. I've also had the opportunity to meet some wonderful people along the way.

I like to share one of my stories with you.

A while back I was contacted by a  wonderful young woman, who wanted to have a very special dress made for her daugnter's first birthday. She saw a dress in my Etsy shop, and the fabric was just what she was looking for, a very sweet bumble bee print. She told me that her daughters nick-name was *Lil Bee Charmer* and could I make one with a few changes. We worked out all the details, size and colors. 
I didn't hear back from her, but the little bee charmer's birthday dress was stuck in my head.

I began...for some serendipitous reason...to embroider *'lil bee charmer* on what would become the hem of the bumble bee dress. As I sat embroidering, I was flooded with thoughts of this little girl and her loving family I had never met.



While I still had not heard back from mom to confirm the order, I continued with my embroidery.....knowning on some *other* level...that the dress would celebrate the lil bee charmers birthday with her.



When the last stitch of embroidery was finished, I was contacted by the delightful young mother to proceed with making the birthday dress. I didn't tell her about the project I had been working on, so I asked her if I could add a surprise element to the piece. She said that she didn't know me.... but had a feeling to trust my creativity and agreed.



I finished the dress...with the lil bee charmer embroidered on the hem...and sent it off to it's new home.


After the dress arrived, I recieved the most touching note from mom that brought me to tears.  The surprise I had added to the hem of the little dress....that I was so driven to do...reminded her of a beloved family member she lost unexpectly a short time ago.

We have evolved beyond  business aquaintances at this point, and I'm soooo happy to announce that I have a new little model for my shop!


Isn't she just beautiful! 

 


I am really looking forward to being a part of this precious little girls life. The little family...that lives so far away from me...will forever be in my heart.

And to think it all began with opening a little shop on Etsy 6 months ago!

Bunny Blessings
Cindi






 


1 comment:

  1. We are the blessed ones, Cindi! And we are so grateful to share this journey with you!

    ReplyDelete