Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Summer By the Pond

It has been a wonderful summer. We have been very blessed with beautiful weather and the flowers around the pond have given us a stunning show.

Thanks to my wonderful husband Frank and his new "toy", I will be able to revist our bounty during the cold snowy Northern Michigan winter.




I wish I knew the species of this stunning DayLily but it is one of those "natural" plantings brought in on the feet of a bird or duck. I split the original plant 9 years ago and have it all over the garden now.





Don't ya just love this fuzzy Shasta Daisy






I just love purple liatris. In a few years it should fill this whole area...Yea!





Frank caught this Black Eyed Susan just as it was opening.





And to finish...A day around the pond just wouldn't be the same without one of our croky bull frogs!





Thank you for stopping by today. See ya again soon :-)

1 comment: